- This event has passed.
Maximize Your Mental and Physical Health
October 14, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Part 1 of the Wellness Wednesdays Series: Maximize Your Mental Health
Introducing basic daily practices to maximizing your physical and mental health (even in quarantine/pandemics). Presentation will include:
- The basics of the mind-body connection, and why we cannot separate the two.
- The impact on positive affirmations, positive self-talk, meditation, and deep breathing on mental and physical health.
- The basics of cognitive behavioral therapy and how you can utilize these concepts on your own.
- Lifestyle practices that decrease inflammation, and promote a healthy circadian rhythm and balanced hormones.
- The gut-brain connection and an introduction to the complex world of the gut microbiome
- Introduction to the impact of toxins, heavy metals, parasites, and biotoxins on mental and physical health.
- The importance of a support system and human connection.
- Intro to EFT/Tapping and a brief tapping session.
About the Speaker:
Amanda Wegmann, LMHC, MSHNFM
Amanda is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, certified in EFT/Tapping, and certified to supervise Mental Health Counseling Interns. She also holds a Master of Science in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine. Amanda has 11 years experience working in higher level care treatment including crisis psychiatric and detox facilities, utilization management, and is also a practitioner for a bioenergetic testing company that helps clients get to the root cause of their physical and emotional health issues. Her passions include advocating for changes in our healthcare systems to include a more whole person, holistic, and root cause approach, and educating others on ancient nutritional and lifestyle practices that can prevent chronic disease.
*All times are Eastern