Rising Insurance Star Executives, LLC, also known as R.I.S.E., announced today its new Advisory Board members for 2019-2020.
“I’m excited to be part of an organization dedicated to help grow young professionals in the insurance industry. There was nothing like this when I started out and I know RISE will make gaining access to the industry and resources much easier for those starting out,” commented Daniel Colon, Vice President of Oversight at United Automobile Insurance Company.
“There are plenty of young professional groups for agents, but nothing for those of us in various roles on the vendor or carrier side. I’m proud to be on the ground floor of an organization that supports all aspects of the insurance industry,” added Laura Johnson, VP of Underwriting and Product Development for Olympus Insurance Company.
Rising Insurance Star Executives launched in 2017 as a springboard for those just starting out in insurance. Since then it has morphed into a movement dedicated to changing the image of the insurance industry, attracting new talent, and helping those just getting started to advance their career and explore what the industry has to offer.
RISE boasts an advisory board of executives, both Millennial and other generations, who span claims, legal, underwriting and operations.
“I am passionate about this organization. RISE is making a critical capital investment in the future of our industry: our young professionals,” stated Dale Sherman, VP of Claims at Allstate.
“One of the things that will make RISE successful is our ability to collaborate and support other industry organizations and conferences. We’re willing to do whatever it takes to address the industry’s need to evolve,” added Amy Cooper, RISE’s founder. “Expect to see a lot of great things from us in 2019. We’re just getting started!”
2019 Advisory Board
- Abel Travis, Vice President, Underwriting & Product Innovation, AF Group
- Alan Bryan, Senior Associate General Counsel, Walmart
- Dale Sherman, Vice President Claims, Allstate Insurance
- Daniel Colon, Vice President of Oversight, United Automobile Insurance Company
- John Sargent, Director, Special Investigation Unit, MetLife Auto & Home
- Ken Kerby, Manager Special Investigations Unit and Claims Audit, The Cincinnati Insurance Companies
- Laura Johnson, Vice President of Underwriting & Product Development, Olympus Insurance Company
- Margaret Sherlock, Vice President Regional Director, Staff Counsel, Selective Insurance
- Matt McColley, Chief Claims Officer, Berkley Human Services
- Rene Cubas Jr., FCLS, FCLA, Region 6 SIU Manager, Geico
- Scott Ottenheimer, Vice President, Head of Procurement, QBE North America
For more information about RISE and its leadership, visit www.RISEprofessionals.com